Tknika, Basque Centre for Research and Applied Innovation in VET
Who are we?
Tknika is an Agency of Research and Applied Innovation and for the transfer of results of the RDI activity to all centres providing professional training in the Basque Country.
Tknika, whose nature is to provide research and innovation services and support to the VET centres and to other organizations and companies, is organically attached to the Vice-Ministry of Vocational Education and Training, Department of Education of the Basque Government. The objectives of Tknika are:
- Research and promote the relationship of the VET centres with companies, with technologic centres and with other research departments.
- Train VET teachers on emerging technologies.
- Advance into new environments meant to improve the learning processes.
- Foster the continuous improvement in the VET system.
- Anticipate to the changes coming in the labour market.
- Support the internationalization of the VET system.
- Promote entrepreneurship among students through the VET centres.
Tknika is a member of the European Committee at the International Network TA3 (Transatlantic, Technology and Training Alliance) and also member of the board at the WFCP (World Federation of Colleges and Polytechnics)
Tknika is also a member of the UNESCO-UNEVOC Network.
Why we are Participating in the Project
From our point of view, the mentors’ profile is an area of improvement in the field of apprenticeship and DUAL VET System. We wish to dedicate time and effort to update the skills of mentors involved in professional practices with our Network of Integrated VET Centres.
Our Role in the Project
As Tknika is an organisation with solid expertise and strong links within the VET sector and with the world of work at regional and European level, our role is focused on providing ideas, practices, approaches and suggestions to the partners of the project.